In my last post 5 Essential Vegan Keto Products Amazon Has RIght Now For Your New Year Health Journey I talked about Brami Snacking Lupini Beans. I had seen a lot of my fellow keto fam posting about them on Instagram and a couple days before Christmas I decided my gift to me was a sample box! When they arrived I loved that they came in a resealable pouch and were easily stored in the fridge. ALSO, THEY ARE PICKLED. I cannot express enough how much I love pickled things. After tossing them in a salad (YUM) and brainstorming some recipes in the Vegan Keto Made Simple group I was inspired to make delicious and savory keto falafels!
The result was honestly more than I had hoped for. I love the subtle tang of the pickled lupini beans, then paried with a lemon tahini dressing and placed on a bed of mixed greens... *SIGH* This recipe made 15 falafels and did not last long!!
The texture was crumbly but not dry, and weren't too heavy. They are now a new favorite vegan keto recipe!
- 1 bag Sea Salt Brami Lupini Beans
- 1/2 bag Garlic & Herb Brami Lupini Beans
- 3 Tbps Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp fresh paresley, chopped
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place lupini beans in food processor and pulse until roughly chopped
- Add hemp hearts, olive oil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and hot sauce, adding water slowly until mix starts to get smoother
- Transfer to bowl and mix in remaining ingredients
- Using a cookie scooper or spoon, place 1-inch falafel balls on a greased cookie sheet or on parchment paper
- Place in oven and bake for 17-19 minutes
- Remove from oven an dlet cool for 10 minutes before serving
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for 3-4 weeks
Serving size: 3 falafels
Net Carbs: 1.3g
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Comment below and let me know how you liked it!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. Please understand that I have tried all of the products I link, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals!