Now that we are in the summer months, cold dishes (aside from my Thai Coconut Curry Soup) are a must! Finding out that spiralized zucchini noodles fit into my low-carb way of eating meant that all of my favorite noodle dishes could be easily adapted. This sesame peanut zoodles recipe has been a go-to.
My daughter loves quick and easy recipes, so this is a low-carb adaptation of her favorite dish! Since I got this Handheld Spiralizer life is reasier when I want zoodles! I have a zoodle dish in minutes. I have this Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer which is incredible and is a great option that may need an option that is less work!
- 1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice (juice of half a lime)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or chili sauce of your choice
- 4-5 Tbsp room temperature water (for adjusting sauce thickness)
- 3 zucchini, spiralized
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 large carrot, grated or shredded
- 4 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped (I had cashews on hand so that is what I used!)
- Hemp seeds
- Sesame seeds, white or black
1. Place peanut butter, tamari or soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil and Sriracha into a blender.
2. Thin with water until desired consistency is reached. Any more than 5 tablespoons could be too thin. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, blend and check consistency.
3. Add zoodle salad ingredients into mixing bowl.
4. Place half of the sauce into bowl with salad components, toss.
5. Plate zoodles in bowl or on plate. Drizzle remaining sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds, scallions, hemp seeds and/or cilantro.
Nutritional Values Per Serving:
Serving Size: 6
Did you make this recipe? How did you enjoy it?
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. Please understand that I have tried all of the products I link, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals!